Nebraska Republican Senator Mike Johanns says he's still analyzing a health-care overhaul proposal unveiled by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Thursday. And he expressed skepticism that states would be able to opt out of a public health insurance option proposed in the Senate earlier this week. Sarah McCammon reports.
Johanns skeptical of public option opt-out
Listen to this story:
October 29, 2009 - 7:00pm
- Medicare cuts would hurt Nebraska hospitals, Johanns says
- Nelson still undecided on healthcare, but calls the situation "very serious"
- Johanns to vote against Sotomayor
- Reports paint differing pictures of health reform for Nebraska
- With indoor smoking banned in public places, anti-smoking group outlines wish list