Top VA Health Official Resigns Amid Scandal Over Treatment Delays
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki says he's accepted the resignation of the agency's undersecretary for health, a day after the two officials testified before Congress about a growing controversy delays in treatment.
"Today, I accepted the resignation of Dr. Robert Petzel, undersecretary for health in the Department of Veterans Affairs," Shinseki said in a statement cited by The Associated Press.
"As we know from the veteran community, most veterans are satisfied with the quality of their VA health care, but we must do more to improve timely access to that care," Shinseki said.
- Department of Veterans Affairs healthcare system struggles to adapt to changing population
- Psychiatrists: Prisons didn't act on warnings Jenkins was mentally ill
- On a mission to fill a gap in dental care
- Nebraska Sec. of State Accepts Foley as Ricketts' New Running Mate
- Pros and Cons of Medicaid Expansion heard