About the Carver Bank Artists-in-Residence Program
The Carver Bank Artists-in-Residence Program provides a dedicated artist work studio and a $500 monthly stipend ($6,000 throughout the year) to exceptional North Omaha-minded artists or collaboratives—with an emphasis on artists of color, North Omaha residents, and those whose work critically engages issues of race and ethnicity. Three artists or collaboratives will be selected for the 12-month program.
To tour the Carver Bank building and site (currently under renovation) or to ask questions about the application or project, please attend a 30-minute info session at Carver Bank, 2416 Lake St.
• Monday, November 5, 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, November 13, 6:00 p.m.
• Friday, November 16, 12:00 noon
Application and Selection Process
Early deadline: Nov. 19*
Final deadline: Nov. 30
Studio visits and interviews (selected artists): Nov. 19 – Dec. 7
Announcement of selected artists: week of Dec. 10
To apply, please submit:
1. curriculum vitae (cv) or resume
2. brief letter of interest that addresses how this opportunity would further your artistic practice and why you would like to be part of the Town Hall + Carver Bank program
3. Work samples in the format most appropriate to your art form (ex. YouTube/Vimeo links, pdf, jpeg, tiff, mp3, 1 megabyte limit per attachment/upload)
Apply Now online
*Early applications are encouraged. Application materials are due at 4:59 CST on Nov. 19 and Nov. 30.
Materials may be submitted via:
Online Application: http://www.bemiscenter.org/carverbank/application.html
Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
c/o Jessica Scheuerman, Carver Bank Program Coordinator
724 South 12th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
Upon review of application materials, selected artists will be invited to participate in studio visits and/or interviews with Bemis Center staff and Theaster Gates.